Scrabble maximum challengeWhat is the maximum score for a game of Scrabble? The instructions that come with the game say that nobody knows. Perhaps you would like to try setting the record? The biggest score, to the knowledge of the webmaster, is just over 3,500. You can see examples of games with scores of over 3,500 here and here.
You can see the basic rules of Scrabble here.
A useful program for finding words is Word Navigator
You can check validity the validty of words at Scrabble Word Finder
Here are a few solving tips:
1. Make a plan of where you are going to put the words.
2. Decide on the most important words to have and their placement - these are likely to be the highest scoring words.
3. Try to leave yourself with a good balance of vowels and consonants.
4. Try to leave yourself with a mixture of different letters.
5. Save the most useful letters, such as the blanks, until the last word or two.
6. Be ready to adjust your layout if you run out of a letter you need or you see ways to use the letters more efficiently.
7. Start the challenge at the beginning of a day. It is not easy to stop once you have started!
If you succeed in the challenge, do let us know.