What is the maximum score for a game of Scrabble? The instructions that come with the game say that nobody knows. Perhaps you would like to try setting the record? The biggest score, to the knowledge of the webmaster, is just over 3,500, see the examples below.
View basic rules
A useful program for finding words is Word Navigator. You can check the validity of words at Scrabble Word Finder.
A list of the allowed two letters words in scrabble is found here.
- Make a plan of where you are going to put the words.
- Decide on the most important words to have and their placement - these are likely to be the highest scoring words.
- Try to leave yourself with a good balance of vowels and consonants.
- Try to leave yourself with a mixture of different letters.
- Save the most useful letters, such as the blanks, until the last word or two.
- Be ready to adjust your layout if you run out of a letter you need or you see ways to use the letters more efficiently.
- Start the challenge at the beginning of a day. It is not easy to stop once you have started!
If you succeed in the challenge, do let us know.